Conflict transformation is a mutual learning process. Reflection, learning and education therefore lie at the heart of many of our regional and thematic activities. Building on our longstanding experience in peace education and global learning, we also work with related approaches such as non-violent education, civic education and violence prevention. In practice, we focus on developing and implementing curricula, on providing training workshops for multipliers in the formal and non-formal education system, on developing and publishing learning media, and on creating spaces for joint reflection.
- Peace Counts on Tour
Peace Counts is a unique combination of peace education and peace journalism. It started as an initiative of journalists who travelled to over 30 conflict regions to report on individuals making peace. more >
- Peace Education in Iran
The project "Promoting direct and structural peace education in Iran" supports civil society actors in strengthening a culture of dialogue and peace through educational means more >
- Nonviolent Education in Jordan
The project on Nonviolent Education in Jordan brings together educational experts who discuss and develop concepts for qualification measures for nonviolent education and put them into practice. more >
Frieden-fragen.de is an online portal for children on issues of war and peace, conflicts and violence. It contains honest responses appropriate for children, to the central questions of coexistence. more >
- Conflict-sensitive refugee work
In view of the increasing number of refugees in Germany many people are socially and voluntarily engaged in the field of refugee work. This engagement must not only be valued, but systematically encouraged, accompanied and qualified. more >
- Service Center Peace Education
The Service Center strengthens peace building at schools in Baden-Württemberg. It supports teachers in the preparation of lessons and projects, offers training activities and develops learning media. more >
- International Summerschool for Young Peacebuilders
The International Berghof Summer School for Young Peacebuilders brings together young adults from all around the world, who advocate for peace and nonviolence in their home countries. more >
- Peace Boat
For several years running, our team has been organising study trips with the Japanese cruise ship Peace Boat. Our participants are students of the University of Tübingen. They travel to various conflict regions and engage in constructive dialogue with their fellow travellers, local peace activists and international experts. more >
The Programme Peace Education and Global Learning builds on the years of experience of the former Institute for Peace Education Tübingen e.V. Besides the implementation of projects at home and abroad, our work is characterised by a broad range of seminars and lectures, consultancy and review activities.
The Georg Zundel Haus is renowned as a place of encounter and for qualification offers. In the meeting room, regular courses are offered by the programme staff as part of the Master's Programme Peace and Conflict Studies at the University of Tübingen.
In its 20th consecutive year the journal “Global Lernen” is being published in cooperation with the NGO “Brot für die Welt”. It is addressed to teachers.
The association “Friends of Berghof Peace Education / Institute for Peace Education” supports selected projects of the programme.
- Current Wars in Class more >
- Values against Violence more >
- Violence Prevention Handbooks more >
From Other Programmes
- People’s College in Southern Thailand more >
- Peace Counts Goes Caucasus more >
- Supporting Peacebuilding in Development Cooperation in Colombia more >
- Verena Brenner: Krieg und Flucht im Unterricht. 2014. Tübingen. Educational & Multimedia. Hardcopy >
- Anne Romund: Frieden lernen mit Reportagen. 2014. Tübingen. Educational & Multimedia. PDF >
- Uli Jäger, Anne Romund & Nadine Ritzi: Peace Counts Learning Package. 2015. Tübingen. Educational & Multimedia. Imagebox >
- Julia Oschinski & Nadine Ritzi: Friedensgutachten 2016 didaktisch. 2017. Unterrichtshilfen und Materialien. Hardcopy >